This page was last modified on 27/03/2023.
Coone & Partners Accountants & Tax Advisors B.V. (hereinafter referred to as COONE) attaches great importance to the protection of your privacy and strives to process your personal data in a transparent and confidential manner in accordance with applicable regulations.
1. Purpose of this privacy statement
This privacy statement applies to the website www.coone-accountants.be and to all (commercial) relationships between COONE and its customers, prospects and business partners. This privacy statement covers marketing, including visiting the website or other applications, organizing business, content or marketing events, all forms of information provision through newsletters, articles on the website or through social media, (customer) relationship management. For customer relationship, a different privacy statement applies, which you can request if you are or wish to become a customer.
This statement describes, among other things, the types of personal data we collect about you, where we obtain the data, how we use the data, which we collect about you, how long we keep your data, to whom we may disclose this information, and your rights regarding the processing of your personal data.
2. Who is the processing controller?
This is the privacy statement of Coone & Partners Accountants & Tax Advisors BV, registered in the Kruispuntbank van Ondernemingen under number 0665.867.188, RPR Antwerpen - Afdeling Antwerpen, with its registered office at 2000 Antwerpen, Plantinkaai 10 Bus 41, 2000 Antwerpen.
This statement explains how and why COONE processes your personal data.
The data controller is COONE.
3. What is personal data?
Personal data is any data relating to identified or identifiable natural persons.
An "identifiable" person is one who can be directly or indirectly identified by a number or by one or more specific elements that characterize his or her physical, physiological, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity.
4. What personal data do we collect from you?
COONE may process the following personal data to the extent and if relevant for the purpose referred to in this privacy statement:
First and last name, gender, date of birth, company, position.
- Contact details
Address, email address, phone number, any other contact information.
- Company data or data related to your professional activity
Activity, turnover, number of employees, directors and management, shareholders, VAT/CGT registration number, position or professional activity, company name or name of activity.
- Professional and business interests
Which COONE services or products are or may be of interest to you or your business. The preferences evidenced by your visits to our websites or applications, as well as preferences or interests evidenced by participation in business, content or marketing events, as well as, of course, interests that you have indicated yourself or that we determine based on professional social media usage.
- Opinions about our products and services
We process your opinions in connection with our products, services and information provision when they are relevant in a professional context or in order to provide you with even more targeted information.
- Online data
This includes data evidenced by visits to our websites or other applications, your surfing behavior or other online contacts, as well as data we process based on your social media use in a professional context such as likes, comments or similar.
In principle, we do not process any sensitive personal data about you. If these are nevertheless processed, it is purely within the framework of general data processing and never with the intention of using these data in particular. In principle, we only process personal data that is relevant in a professional context.
Our website and/or our services do not intend to collect information about persons under the age of 13, unless they have parental or guardian consent or we are bound by the fulfillment of our legal obligations. However, we cannot verify whether a website visitor is older than 13, so we recommend that parents be involved in their children's online activities in order to prevent the collection of data about children without parental consent.
If you believe that we have collected personal information about a minor without such consent, please contact us (see contact information).
5. How this personal data is collected.
Your personal data is usually collected when you decide to provide it to us or our employees. This includes the following situations:
- Visiting COONE websites or using other applications of COONE
- Your interest in COONE's products or services
- Subscribing to COONE's newsletter
- Connecting on professional social media channels with COONE or its associates
- Participating in business, content or marketing events
- Correspondence or contacts with COONE.
We may also supplement your profile with data we extract from our CRM and ERP systems or other internal sources of information.
In addition, COONE may also receive your personal data through other sources of information that are publicly accessible such as the Belgian Official Gazette, your own website or profile, the National Bank, CBE.
Exceptionally, we may extract information from other databases or sources of information. Before we do so, we check with the providers of these to ensure that they comply with applicable regulations relating to the protection of privacy.
We use both paper and digital documents and forms for data collection.
6. The legal basis on which personal data are processed.
When COONE processes personal data, one of the following legal grounds is invoked:
- Consent from you: personal data will be processed after you have given your consent.
- Legal obligations: personal data must be processed in order for COONE to comply with its legal obligations.
- Performance of the agreement: the personal data processed are necessary for the performance of the agreement that exists between you and COONE.
- Justified interest: personal data may be processed if it is in the legitimate interest of COONE as a company, provided that your personal interests do not outweigh our interests.
7. The purposes for which personal data are processed
Personal data is processed for:
- the performance of the agreement between you and COONE
- the request for information or a quotation
- the improvement of our services
- the enrichment of your profile
- optimizing the relationship with you
- Conducting customer satisfaction surveys, surveys and other market studies
- organizing or facilitating business, content or marketing events
- for the protection of our legitimate interest
- Inform you of changes or expansion of our services and products
- the fulfillment of a legal obligation.
The way your personal data is processed may differ depending on the service COONE provides to you.
Furthermore, your personal data are used for the application of legal requirements and obligations, and for administrative purposes (accounting, invoicing).
9. With whom will your personal data be shared?
Your data will be used only within COONE.
10. How will your data be secured?
All reasonable, appropriate security measures are taken by COONE to secure your personal data, both technically, organizationally and administratively. We take into account the state of the art, implementation costs, the nature, scope and context and purposes of processing, and the likelihood and severity of potential risks as identified by us. In this way, unauthorized access, unwanted destruction, loss or modification of data and data breaches are avoided as much as possible. Systems are continuously monitored and improved to ensure security. Nevertheless, no system or procedure can completely eliminate the aforementioned risks.
11. How long will your data be kept?
We will retain your personal data for providing you with our newsletters and other promotional or marketing information for as long as you wish to receive this information from us. If you decide to unsubscribe or withdraw your consent to our newsletters and other promotional or marketing information, we will no longer use your personal data for this purpose. However, we may need to retain your personal data for another purpose (legal obligation).
12. What are your rights regarding your personal data
12.1 Right of access
You have the right to obtain confirmation that we are processing personal data about you and you have the right to request access to the personal data. Before providing you with access to the data, COONE may request proof of identification.
You may request a free copy of the personal data that COONE processes. If you request additional copies or repeated inspection, COONE may charge a fee for this due to its administrative costs.
12.2 Right to improvement
You have the right to have the personal data amended free of charge if it is incorrect or incomplete.
12.3 Right to withdraw your consent.
If the processing is based on your consent thereto, you may withdraw such consent at any time. However, this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent prior to its withdrawal.
12.4 Right of removal
In the following cases, you can request the deletion of your personal data free of charge:
- The personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected and/or processed
- You withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis for processing the personal data
- Personal data has been processed unlawfully
- Personal data must be deleted to comply with a legal obligation imposed on COONE
- You object to the processing and there are no prevailing overriding compelling legitimate grounds or
- In the case of direct marketing, you have the right to have your personal data deleted at any time;
Such removal does have the consequence that certain COONE services can no longer be provided.
12.5 Right to restrict the processing of your personal data
You have the right to block or restrict the processing of your personal data if
- You dispute the accuracy of the personal data (during the period that allows COONE to verify the accuracy of the data)
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the data, but insist that the processing be restricted
- The data is no longer needed for the processing purposes, but you need it in connection with a legal claim
- If you have objected to the processing, pending clearance or if COONE's legitimate interests outweigh your interests.
When data processing is restricted, COONE may store but not further process personal data.
12.6 Right to object
You have the right to object
- Against the processing of data, unless COONE cites compelling legitimate grounds, which would outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms or relate to a legal claim;
- At all times against processing for direct marketing;
- Against processing for the purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
12.7 Right to transferability
If the processing is based on your consent, or on an agreement with COONE, AND the processing is carried out by automatic means, you have the right to obtain your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. In such case, you also have the right to transfer the data in that format to another data processor. Therefore, if the processing is based on a legal basis other than your consent or your agreement with COONE, the right of portability does not apply, without prejudice to your other rights.
12.8 Right to file complaint
COONE strives to process your personal data in the most transparent and correct manner possible. If you still feel that something has gone wrong, you may always contact our Data Protection Officer at the e-mail address : DPO@coone-accountants.be
Furthermore, you also have the right to complain to the supervisory authority, the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
13. Exercise of your rights
If you wish to exercise any of your aforementioned rights, you may send your request by registered mail to COONE, or by e-mail to the address DPO@coone-accountants.be.
14. Other websites
COONE's website contains hyperlinks to other websites. Where appropriate, we refer you to the privacy policies of these providers. COONE has no control over these.
15. Amendments to this statement
COONE will periodically review this statement and modify it as necessary. The date of any change, if any, will be posted on its website page. The current statement was last updated on March 27, 2023.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or how we collect, use or process your personal data, you can always contact COONE's Data Protection Officer at the e-mail address DPO@coone-accountants.be.
Use this form if you would like to review or correct the data we manage for you.
You can also request that we delete all the data we have on you.
Please make the selection of the action desired on the right. You can use the "Additional elements" field to request additional elements.